Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blogging My First EOTD: Gold and Green

This is my first EOTD on this blog. Technically my first attempt appeared in A Digital Angel's butterfly-inspired contest a few weeks ago. (Check it out, there were so many beautiful entries.) But unlike that look, this one WAS NOT done at 2 a.m. on insufficient sleep, hehe.

This was done on a whim, however. I was feeling a bit lonely after work so I decided to indulge myself in some cosmetics play-time before taking a shower. Thank goodness I have my own bathroom! I holed up in there with my eyeshadow case and I was in business. I didn't do my whole face, just the one eye you see below. I'm still getting the hang of taking an EOTD pic, which is why I just have this one angle of me tipping my eyelid down, taken from above. I figured it'd be easiest for you to see the colors.

Products used:
-L'Oreal HiP Cream Shadow Paint in Secretive as base (I just got this and wanted to try it out)
-MAC eyeshadow in Goldmine across lid and part of the under eye (One of my two MAC shadows - a present a while back from my artistic little sis)
-
An unknown-brand eyeshadow labeled "The Flats" Mediterranean Blue from the middle of the eye outward (Gifted from my mom a long time ago)
-
Palladio eyeshadow in Navy Blue on the outer V (I don't think it showed up well over the other shadow, though normally it's very pigmented)
-
Beautique eyeliner in Jade (from Sally Beauty Supply)
- CoverGirl eyeshadow in Champagne as a highlighter on the brow bone (A fav of mine for everyday)
-
Maybelline Full 'n Soft mascara in black, plus some vivid blue mascara I picked up at a local beauty supply place in Maryland

I initially set-out to do a blue look, since I was feeling a bit blue. :( But I only had that one navy shadow readily at my disposal - since I have blue eyes I don't tend to seek out a lot of blue shadows - and the closest other color I immediately saw was the turquoise green seen above. I love that color but never thought it would look good on my eye...however, I had time on my hands and thought 'What the heck? If this eye looks bad I'll just do the other one different!'

Then I saw the gold and figured it would go well too. Since my skin is pinkish I tend to shy away from yellow colors but I think this came together nicely.
It reminds me of a gold and yellow parakeet or something tropical.

It makes me happy too look at, and it felt happy to have on. Sometimes after applying eyeshadow I look in the mirror and think 'who is that?' Like I've totally overdone it and made a mess of myself. This turned out pretty clean for me, and I feel like it enhanced my natural features. You can't see there how blue it made my eyes look! Maybe I'll even be brave enough to wear it out of the house sometime. :) And btw, my night cheered up! So all's well that end's well...for now.

Thanks to all the lovely bloggers whose EOTDs I adore and who inspired me to make my own attempt! I hope this is only the first of good things to come...

4 comments:

(g)ezebel said...

great job!!! your eye looks pretty. i can't wait til you post bold, obnoxious colors, which are my favorite. :0)

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, I love the color combo.

Neeyuh said...

Very pretty! I'm totally loving the transition of colors. Can't wait to see more of your eotd's! =)

♔Jaimie said...

such pretty colors!