Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lady GaGa, gone ga ga

I like Lady Gaga's edgy, over-the-top, artsy style, but is nothing sacred? Not even poor Kermit the Frogs?!


LG wore this to an interview in Germany. It's her second Muppet-themed outfit in recent memory -- both of which are the creations of fashion designer Jean-Charles de Castelbajac and debuted at this year's fashion week in Paris. (*Click on the links for photo sources.)



She said in an interview that, "My friends and I in New York dress this way because it’s the way we live...We believe in vanity."

"I dress this way because my whole life is art, and my whole life is performance."


This particular Kermit outfit is still too "out there" for me. But she has a point. LG is 23. I'm 23. She's roaming the world dressed however she pleases, and I'm spending my days sitting behind a desk dressed in ill-fitting "work clothes" more suited for a middle aged mom. (Okay, not all the time...today I'm wearing dark skinny jeans, a stylish green button-down shirt and a delicate gold-colored necklace with light brown gemstone petals. But you get the idea...)

And look, I really like being a journalist and for the most part, am very happy at my job. (I only have a week and a half left though, actually!) But it wouldn't kill me to cut loose a bit more on ocassion. For all of us to be inspired to take more risks. Have more fun with fashion. :)

No comments: