Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Peach Cheeks, Last Days of Summer

It's a cruel, cruel summer, let me tell you. I know August isn't even halfway done but it feels like summer is ending....I got a full-time job, my friends are dispersing for their fall plans, boys are giving me drama! Um, let's just skip to next summer, k?


But let's talk about some of the nicer things to enjoy this summer: warm, sun-kissed, natural looking makeup. One product that's grown on me the past couple of weeks is NYC's Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder ($4.99) in Peach Glow.

It's very easy to over apply this stuff with a heavy hand, but lightly dusted on my cheeks makes me look like I'm glowing. The best part is that I apply it after moisturizer with SPF so I can protect my face from harmful rays while still looking like I spent the afternoon relaxing on the beach with a margarita! (Instead of only basking in the glow of my computer screen...though hey, I've been walking a lot of nature trails lately. They are thankfully shaded.)


I think Peach Glow is especially good for people who don't favor bronzer but still want a warm, subtly shimmery, *summery* glow. (I haven't tried the other palette colors but, for example, rosy hues tend to feel more like springtime to me.) I am very fair complected and find that some bronzers look too muddy on my skin, plus I haven't tried that many bronzers...so this is like a baby step in that direction. Of course the color will look different on everyone's skin, but this is a shade I could imagine looking beautiful on many complections because it can initially be applied lightly and then easily built-upon to look more pigmented.


I hope to be enjoying it a few more sunny weekends!

No comments: