Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One of These Nails is Not Like the Other

And yet, it belongs. Well, maybe.

A few weeks ago I saw a picture on some celebrity site featuring a female starlette (no one I remember) sporting silver nails with one white one. I tried the look a few days ago with pink/silver, and tonight, with grayish silver and gold. It looks better in person because the gray has little sparkles in it, but here's a photo to give you the idea:


I like that it's funky in a subtle way. Something a bit quirky that is easily wearable to the office.

The main color is Wild and Crazy's w235/Anchorage. This is a very inexpensive brand, but I really like the coverage. It's thick and matte with little sparkles in it. The bottle says sinfulcolors.com on the back, so I'm assuming it has an affiliation with that company...whose nail polishes I also like for being inexpensive yet very pigmented. I'd agree with many reviews on Makeup Alley though, that Wild and Crazy's polishes can be hit-or-miss.

The gold is OPI's Needles in a Haystack. Very pretty, I can see myself wearing this on its own sometime.

Do you think this idea a lost cause? Might it look better with different colors? I like how it looks better in person than in the picture. Anyway, thank goodness nail polish is so easy to change :) Though for now, I'm happy with this.

No comments: