Friday, April 17, 2009

Outfit: Hip Yet Work Appropriate

Here's me feeling a bit clever the other day in dark skinny jeans, a patterned shirt and a black suit jacket.

This was after a long day at the office and 40 mins in traffic, so my mug wasn't much to look at, hehe.

I love dark jeans with suit jackets. I think the combination looks polished but fun. It certainly beats the khakis and sweater sets I usually wear to work; not that there's anything wrong with them, but sometimes I like dressing with some spunk too. At 22, I'm half the age of most of my coworkers, and more than that, I work around senior and baby boomer issues all day...and it's easy to forget that I should be enjoying my youth!

The shirt I purchased on my recent outlet mall excursion at Ann Taylor. The jacket is also Ann Taylor -- one of my first two jackets, I got it when I was 16 or 17. It fit my body shape back then, but the many buttons don't flatter my bustier frame now, so I'm hopefully going to replace it soon. The jeans are "Morgan" from Delia's (I wrote about them in one of my first posts, awww).

No comments: